Sometimes your head is rumbling with so many ideas and thoughts it’s sheer overwhelming and impossible to calm down the internal chatter. My situation right now and – aside from what I said on Monday – one of the reasons my blogging schedule has been erratic lately. The solution? Get random. Especially after reading another blogger’s post spiked with lots of funny tidbits about herself the other day. Quite a while ago I read a quote somewhere saying that by blogging we felt “a little less lonely and weird”. I’d dare to say it’s true. We”ve agreed that adulting can be pretty rough leaving us entirely fed up with it at times. Good to know we’re not alone in wanting to curl up with a [possibly Disney] movie and … It’s our quirks that make us both special and let us bond with others. That being said I hope you’ll no t only have a good laugh at my quirks but share some of yours in the comments, too. Ready, set, random!
- As much as I like pretty flower bouquets I often opt against them on my table. Who does that, you wonder? For me it’s about two things: 1. I can’t stand a cluttered table. That’s why not only flowers but also people dropping off piles of clothes, bags or whatever else irk me. 2. I feel bad for flowers essentially being killed for my pleasure.
- While I don’t sleep with stuffed animals anymore but occasionally check under my bed. For … you know it. If you don’t you haven’t watched or understood the deeper sense in “Monsters Inc.”. Okay, actually, I’m afraid of snakes hiding under there. Don’t ask me why because I can’t explain it myself.
- Speaking of killing: I broke one of my wire whisks. A little background: I’ve been known as the wild whisker in my family for years. So much so that – when we were younger and still living at home – my sister announced she’d write a book called “The beat of the wire whisk”. Luckily, her ambition ended after a mere few pages that never saw the light of the day again. ..
- Planks are my favourite strength exercise. In fact, I usually do them several times a day. Which I know sounds extreme but I honestly enjoy them. Burpees, on the other hand? I’m scared of them.Granted, I’ve only ever seen videos of these but that alone makes me feel they’re not right for me.
- Okay, this one might shock some people but: I never wear pants. In fact, I can safely say I seriously dislike – not to say hate – them. Dresses and tights – that’s the way I roll. Up until recently this never presented a problem but my new job requires me to wear pants. No more wors needed here other than that I’m counting down the hours until I can change into tights again. Edited to add: Pants make me feel uncomfortable both on a physical and mental level. Physically, no pants ever fit right for me: squeezing my stomach, sagging around my legs. Mentally theyhave an even huger impact on my self-perfection and mood that would almost require its own post to explanin in full length.
- Mayonnaise, ketchup, mustard. You name it – I don’t like it. This – unlike what some people might think – has nothing o do with my eating disorder. Even my parents would confirm I was the odd one out as a child eating fries or chicken nuggets – on the rare occasion we were allowed to get those – plain. Maybe that’s why I’ve never gotten into the salad eating habit?
While I have a plethora more of quirks that’s it for me today because I can’t risk appearing like a complete nut😉. Over to you! Share your quirky side!
Happiness-inducing today: A good conversation.
Stay in touch!
What are some of your quirks other people don’t understand?
Is there any food you eat in mass quantities every day? No, beverages (i.e.: coffee) don’t count😉.