As promised I’m making these posts a little series on here, too, and because I feel like posting today … Some more recent ponderings.
1. Getting my blood drawn at my doctor’s early in the morning – just the best way to start the day. Not only am I the exact opposite of an early bird but also super scared of needles. Anybody else?
2. Call me biased but I just think my sister and her fiancé had the most adorable and creative idea for their wedding invitation.It’s an organic cotton tote with their faces and the wedding date printed onto it.
3. Has anybody ever tried to follow along this list as well as possible? Would be a fun challenge for sure . Thanks to Sara for mentioning it – I’d only seen mentions of certain holidays before but never known there was a list covering every day of the year. Happy National Chocolate Ice Cream Day, everyone 🙂 – go and get yourself a scoop!
… is what I happened upon when I picked up my immersion blender to prep yesterday’s lunch. Eeep! Confession: I still used it. In case you’re wondering, though: yes, I did order a new one. Last Friday already, actually. But apparently Amazon decided to ignore my order – they had yet to change the status to anything but “ordered”. Getting impatient I contacted their customer service via chat yesterday. I’d been weighing the option of simply ordering again but kept myself from doing so because the price had since been raised significantly. Just to let you know: Amazon has great customer service and the clerk – herself not able to find out where the error was – told me to place the order again and then changed the price back to the one I’d ordered it for at first. Nice!
5. Which one are you?
6. Sigh …
This is the sight I’m greeted by pretty much every time I retrieve my iPod from whichever pocket or bag I last left it in – sometimes far worse than shown above. Sure, spaghetti are nice but cable spaghetti? Not so much. I wish there was a surefire way to avoid them but I have yet to find one.
7. Walking past a kindergarten earlier today I heard one of the kindergarten teachers call out to a little girl to get inside to have a wee-wee. I guess it’s a good thing children aren’t yet that self-conscious or who else would like to be called out to go to the toilet for the whole street to hear ;)?
8. Trying to budget or not: Some purchases simply can’t be avoided.
9. The secret life of my iPod: Good mood guaranteed and the title fits perfectly with the current weather around here.
10. … and if there’s nothing else to believe in …
Happiness inducing today: Knowing it’ll still be bright and warm outside when I’m heading on my walk in the evening.
Whatever you have planned for the weekend I hope you’ll have a great one with lots of sunshine!
How do you deal with having your blood drawn? My favourite part is being done and over with it :).
Which Dreamworks character are you?
What’s the last impulse purchase you made?