It’s time for a bit of randomness again with the sweet Maggie nominating me for the Liebster award. Thanks, Maggie! Though I’ve been tagged with this before I had fun answering her questions and doing my best to be seriously random here. Hope you enjoy it and are having a marvelous Monday!
… and a random posts calls for random pictures [note that you agreed to this by just coming here].
Here’s how to play:
1. Thank the nominating blogger.
2. Share 11 random facts about yourself.
3. Answer the 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you.
4. Nominate 11 bloggers to answer your questions.
5. Post 11 questions for the bloggers that you nominate to answer and let all of the bloggers know that you’ve nominated them. You cannot nominate the blogger that nominated you.
11 random facts about me
- Tea is my favourite beverage all year round – no matter which season.
- There was a time when I wanted to become a kindergarten teacher and did a summer internship at my former kindergarten. It was so hard to leave again after those week yet I still chose another career path [for now – never say never …].
- My favourite TV series growing up was Ocean Girl. Any other fans or at least people who’ve heard of it? Any Australians, maybe?
- Going for a walk is my favourite way to start the day.
- I don’t like ketchup. Never even did as a child.
- I’m scared of swimming in the open sea.
- I’m slightly obsessed with taking pictures of flowers. Especially in my mom’s garden [proof is in the pictures].
- Viva la vida by Coldplay is one of the few thoughts that I know the lyrics of by heart. With most other songs I might know a few lines here and there but wouldn’t be able to sing along all the way.
- As much as I enjoy reading [others’] random posts I have the hardest time writing them myself. There are so many random things about every person but I find it’s hard to name them myself when being asked.
- I’m not only the youngest but also the shortest child in my family.
- Even numbers are my favourite for a reason I can’t [even] explain. Needless to say the numbers in this tag puzzle me a little. Eleven random facts? Eleven questions? Why not choose an even number?
- If you worked in a typical school cafeteria, how would you “healthify” the menu? Fun fact here: None of the schools I went to had an actual cafeteria as in: a place you could get a warm lunch at. All we had were older students selling candy bars, sandwiches and the likes. From what I’ve heard about cafeterias, though, some changes I’d make to their menus would be: include whole-grain options, fruit in place of sugary desserts, a no-fried-food policy and no soft drinks. I’m all about balance so if students choose to eat unhealthily: okay. Only schools shouldn’t support this.
- What is your guilty pleasure? Sleeping in. As in: really sleeping in.
- If you could pack a suitcase to anywhere right now, what would you pack and where would you go? Perfect timing on this question as a get-away would be just the right thing at the moment. My suitcase would contain clothes for every weather and accompany me on a journey through the US finally visiting all of my blends. A girl can dream …
- Have you ever lived in another country? Where and for how long? I unfortunately haven’t. It’s about time, don’t you agree?
- What’s your least favorite household chore? Definitely bathroom duties. More specifically: cleaning the toilet and the mirror. The first because nobody likes it. And the mirrors because I never manage to leave them behind streak-free which is frustrating. Advice is appreciated if you have any.
- What are your 5 must-have foods? That’s a tough one. Fruit [cheating a bit here with a food group], oat bran, nut butter, kabocha and chickpeas.
- If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be? Not trying to pick on any parts of my body here so I’d go with being less self-critical.
- If you could go back to any age and relive it, which age would you choose and why? The Renaissance – for its music, art, literature. And maybe the gorgeous dresses have played in here, too …
- Who’s your favorite Disney princess? Do I really have to pick a favourite? Okay, I’ll go with Rapunzel.
- If you were forced to survive on a desert island, who would you bring with you and why? Is there any limit to the number of people? If not: my whole family – that way I’d have people to lead good conversations with, people knowledgeable of ways to survive, technically skilled people who can help build a cabin, …
- What is one of your biggest regrets? As a notorious overthinker I’d easily be able to come up with a large number of regrets. But I feel like constant regretting and focusing on the negatives keeps us from being happy and letting loose. Therefore I try not to let the thoughts of regret linger on for too long instead trying to see the positives. Just to play the game right, though: My latest regret would be not taking an umbrella with me on my walk earlier today. That’d have spared a pair of shoes from getting wet – I was fine wearing a trench coat. [Yet I can’t help but add that this turned out to be a blessing in disguise. Sorry I’m not sorry for the positivity :).]
- What is one of your favourite childhood memories?
- Name the three most-worn items from your closet.
- Who’s your biggest inspiration in life?
- Is there any book you’ve read multiple times? If yes: which?
- Where is your happy place?
- Tea or coffee?
- What’s your ideal way to start the day?
- What are some of the words or phrases you use most often?
- Are you a planner or a spontaneous person?
- Would you consider yourself an introvert or extrovert?
- Which famous person would you like to spend a day with and why?
My nominees [in alphabetical order because I had to :)]
Alex @ Veggin’ out in the kitchen
Arman @ The big man’s world
Christine @ Apple of my Eye
Emily @ Build your bliss
Madison @ Eating for Balance
Meghan @ Clean Eats, Fast Feets
Michelle @ Peachy Palate
Olivia @ Liv lives life
Sara @ Nourish and flourish
Shannon @ Healthiful balance
And because I prefer even numbers I’ll go against the rules and nominate just ten ;).
Happiness inducing today: Reminders of how awesome friendships made through blogging are.
It’s your turn: Answer as many of my questions as you like! I’m curious to find out more about you.