Time for another post of random thoughts. Let’s talk confessions, coffee and cardio [a bit of a stretch but running but that wouldn’t have rhymed]!
1. Confession: I got a little snap-happy on our walk at the weekend and may or may not post a few more of those pictures on the blog. That being said I also have a lot more pictures of homemade chocolate but I won’t tease you any more.
2. In an effort to celebrate National Pancake Day I dared to step on the holy grail of blog cookery and create a recipe myself. Confession: It had been at least six months [read: actually more] since I last made pancakes. Today’s savoury Peanut Cauliflower Pancakes were … a fail [they didn’t hold together] and not [they were still tasty] . They might qualify as strange but good yet I’m not sure: to share or not to share the recipe? I’ll let you decide :).
3. Making myself laugh #1: When I heard Starbucks was going to introduce the Pumpkin Spice Latte in Germany this year [no, we didn’t have it in past ones] I got all excited. The whole blog world has been raving about it for ages after all so it has to be awesome, right?! Yet even though they released the PSL on Monday already I haven’t hurried into a Starbucks yet. Because … I’m not a coffee drinker. Not at all. And finding out the price [about 5.50 $ for a tall one!] I’m not that sure I’ll give it a try any time soon.
4. Making myself laugh #2: Call me ridiculous after reading the above but while running some errands I was approached by a Starbucks employee giving away samples and this happened:
Come on! Would you have refused a free beverage? It’s sitting in my fridge now …
5. Remember me talking about changing my banana buying habits to get a free copy of Despicable Me? It arrived just this week. I have yet to watch it but it will happen soon!
6. This is so.freaking.cute. And makes me want to get a dog.
7. While at my parents I was shocked 😉 to find out my mum had yet to use the Essie polish she got when visiting me a month ago. Needless to say I had to let it get some play – totally selfless sympathy, obviously ;).
8. Speaking of visiting my parents: I’ll be heading down to their house again this weekend. My mini goal for the weekend is to unplug at least one day because it’s about time. Hence why my laptop won’t be traveling with me – for the first time in a while. Technology addict?! Please tell me I’m not the only one!
9. Running talk: I’m apparently not ready for fall yet or at least daylight savings still confuse me. As I mentioned recently I’m an evening workout person. Too bad that means having to run earlier in the day now … which I have yet to manage. Running in the semi-darkness? Not cool.
10. Confession: My goal of writing letters is going well – and not. Wondering why? It’s going well because I really enjoy it and can think of so many people I want to send some snail mail. The ‘not so good part’: there are too many people I want to mail. I might just turn this into an ongoing project for the months to follow – and why not, really?
Happiness inducing today: A skype chat with my brother who’s currently in Australia.
In which situations do you make yourself laugh?
To post or not to post the pancake recipe :)?
Coffee fiends: Should I try the Pumpkin Spice Latte? And did you try the Vanilla Frappuccino? Did you like it?