You really know how to make a girl feel special on her birthday. Thank you so much for all the mails, texts and Tweets yesterday. Every single one was a little happy spark in my day and made me feel loved. Back to the regular scheduled program now … It’s Thursday after all and time for some Thinking out loud hosted by Amanda who’s currently enjoying the sunshine and Disney (!!!) in California and I don’t which of the two things I’m more jealous of …
[Note that I drafted this post pre-birthday knowing I wouldn’t have the time and internet permission on my birthday. Hence the lack of birthday detail mentions :).]
1. Were you confused by the years celebrated on a certain birthday as a child, too? I remember explaining to a friend in 7th grade that your – just taking this as an example as it fits – 23rd birthday actually meant celebrating the end of your 23rd year and start of the 24th. Meaning that wishing somebody a happy 23rd year of life on their 23rd birthday was a little late. She was confused ;).
2. The birthday wishes made me think that a blogger birthday calendar might be a good idea. As much as I wish I did I don’t know every single blends or other blogger’s birthdays and would be glad to find out so I can return the well wishes.
… and yes, I could totally see myself use that very printable to write them down :). So cute!
3. No matter how much I love my family some of their habits get annoying after a while. Call it OCD but doesn’t everybody know how to load a dishwasher the right way? There clearly is one best and most effective way ensuring all dishes get clean and reducing the time needed for unloading. Why, yes, I do have a system.
4. Long legs, a huge chest and barely weighing a gram too much: no, that’s not the description of a model. Far from it. What is is: spiders. That’s the downside of living in a countryside house: those ‘Weberknechte’ are everywhere.. The worst is when they decide to join you in the shower cabin allured by the steamy hot water. The horror. Forget the scary movies – this is enough for me already.
5. Finally word is spread of the amazingness of phyllo dough – obviously just because I started it ;). And can I just say how perfect the title of this post is? If you’re still not convinced you need some buttery hugs in your life then I’m at a loss.
6. Judging from the looks of my poor fingers I can’t be trusted around knives anymore. Just during the last few days I’ve cut myself three times. Actually, we’re not just talking knives but sharp paper edges, too. It’s a dangerous world we live in …
7. Dear winter, I’d call you beautiful – okay, I do – if only you weren’t so damn cold. But yes, still beautiful with the thick snow blanket covering the surroundings.
8. Speaking of the cold: Can we talk about a current blessing and downfall of mine? Built-in seat heating. A blessing because – let’s face it – some mornings nothing else will get me out of my warm bed than the promise of at least staying semi-warm during my commute to work. The downfall? Confusing the car with said bed. Does anybody else get all dozy when cranking the heat up all the way in the car? I need to really focus and let down the car windows for the freezing 5 °F wind chill to wake me up again. Woops.
9. Another blessing – and this time without any downsides: my new thermos. You’ve heard me talk about my need for warm lunches before and this one’s absolutely perfect to ensure those at the office. Best investment recently.
10. Tomorrow’s the last day of my internship at the newspaper and I wish it never ended. Cheer me up, please?!
Happiness inducing today: Finishing the post on my birthday I’ll obviously go with the birthday wishes again <3!
Blogger birthday calendar: Good idea? Bad idea? Unless you want to keep it a secret: Tell me your birth date and expect congrats coming your way on your special day :)!
Do you agree there’s a certain way to load dishwashers? Possible answers are: yes or heck, yes!
Any favourite chick lit books?