Short and sweet [you’ll notice my trouble here in #1] all I’ll say right now is: Let’s get celebrating the randomness with some Thinking out loud. Thanks to Amanda for hosting!
1. Thinking about myself sitting here and coming up with this post the first thing I can think of is that I have an unusual way of writing. Not only when it comes to blog posts but it’s something that surprised my colleagues at the newspaper, too: I start by writing whatever I’m working on at some random point, just letting my thoughts flow and write the introduction last. Coming up with a headline or post title is usually the very last step for me.
2. Can we just agree that frozen blueberries are a fantastic snack? When I was mentioning them yesterday I wasn’t talking about store-bought frozen blueberries [meh!] but those you buy fresh and freeze yourself. Granted, not a cheap option in winter and requiring that bit more of effort and patience. But so worth it.
3. It’s the 10th birthday of Facebook this week. I’m not sure if that’s reason to celebrate or the time to join in with certain people’s mourning of a rising loss of privacy. Seeing how pretty handy it is, however [or would you remember everybody else’s birthdays without it?], I think I’d go with neither but just keep up my account. Sue me.
4. Slowly but surely I’m starting to get worried by my current klutz status. First the dangers of vegetable chopping, now hurting my toes while cutting my toe nails. Not so happy feet.
5. Oh, and did I mention dropping a glass two days ago? Luckily not one of my favourites but I still wasn’t too happy about the . Keeping my fingers crossed the old saying’s true and luck is headed my way. Definitely not found on the way to the bathroom, though, because I’ve still seen bits and pieces of broken glass ever since.
6. While I was driving back home “Walking on Sunshine” came on the radio and of all things the first thought that popped up in my head was: SingStar! Was anybody else crazy about this game back in the day? I [unsuccessfully] tried to find a throwback picture of one of my birthdays circa 2007 when all we did was sing more or less successful the whole night. For some reason we didn’t have school the next day but my parents had to get up for work and weren’t that enthusiastic about our lovely little concert. Oh, the good old times …
7. Sometimes I feel like the time I save by not cooking legumes from scratch is lost again when fighting with the can opener. Okay, I’m obviously exaggerating but am I the only one who has a hard time opening those lids? Or am I just missing the secret to using the can opener right??
8. If you need some distraction of just want to heart to melt right now: These!
9. And speaking of cuteness I probably wasn’t quite altruistic when choosing to write two articles [with different foci] on midwives that included some work shadowing. Just today I got the chance to meet one the most adorable little men – awwwr. I didn’t even dare touching his tiny hands at first because he looked so tiny and fragile in his crib. Only nine days old …
10. Ending this super random post with a recent random purchase. Aren’t you jealous of my fancy ink erasers?!
… which will hopefully inspire me to get some more letters on their way again after I’ve been slacking a little lately.
Happiness inducing today: Some successful sweet and savoury recipe testing.
Tell me something random!
Do you remember playing Singstar? What were your favourite songs?
How do you usually write posts? Does anybody else start randomly and finish with the introduction?