Is it just me or are Thursdays particularly long work days? The weekend is so close already yet – another whole day to tackle. Friday afternoon can’t come early enough for me. Maybe making this in-between day just a little nicer and worth looking forward to was Amanda‘s initial idea behind Thinking out loud?! Either way I’m glad to know there’ll be lots of fun randomness to catch up on.
1. In fact, I’m firmly convinced a little blog reading in between tasks at work makes me more productive. Aside from the much needed walking break which I don’t always get it’s a great way to relax my brain, get a reason to laugh or Now if only I didn’t have such a hard time to stop clicking on yet another link at times …
2. Look what I found when browsing the aisles at a department store recently …
Okay, name three
excuses reasons why it’s absolutely necessary for me to splurge on one of those – and which flavour to try – and you’ll get a cookie. Alternatively just tell me that they’re completely overrated and really not worth buying at all [bonus points if you’re a convincing liar here].
3. It wasn’t until after I’d posted two weeks ago that I noticed I hadn’t shared a picture of the finished puzzle. I hope I’ll be forgiven by making up for my mistake now:
[Excuse the mess in the background: I was about to leave and tidying up clearly had last priority when everything was packed.]
4. If you’ve been reading my blog for a little while already you know I’m far from a morning person and sleeping in is my definition of a perfect weekend morning. But for whichever reason I got up at sometime around 4.45 AM 😯 on Tuesday morning.
5. Humor me when I decided taking a shower right then and there was a great idea to be able to lie in later on. In fact, though, it was my only option if I wanted to take a shower in the morning. After that my roommate takes over the bathroom in the morning there’s no way to squeeze in more than ten minutes before I leave again. Not rambling on end here, though, as I feel we’ve worked out a pretty good compromise with me usually taking showers in the evening. Everything to avoid extra rush in my morning.
6. Getting out the measuring cups – something my family didn’t even own when I was growing up – for the protein cereal bars on Sunday was odd. No matter how long I’ve been trying recipes from US cookbooks and blogs I’ll still scribble down the amounts converted into metric measurements to help me during the preparation. Yes, I totally see it’s likely for the reason I grew up with it but using a scale seems such a lot more convenient than pulling out all measuring cups, guessing amounts at the supermarket [how many clamshells of blueberries am I supposed to buy if a recipe calls for 1 1/2 cups??] or not knowing how big exactly a big sweet potato is? Any help on how you organize your shopping without buying way too much or too little would be appreciated 🙂 .
7. Just like I can’t explain my unusually early wake-up time and shower above I have to laugh at myself cleaning my roommate’s pots and pans without her even asking. Ask my mum: According to her I’m the best ever at leaving dishes to soak in the sink for hours. But for some reason I find it oddly relaxing to do the dishes?! And I’m sure Kaila will approve of my Healthy Help. My mum would be so proud 😀 .
8. Granted, now that I think about it maybe it’s an [un]conscious way of making up for the fact I’ve been going for her granola box every so often? It’s the kind I’d never buy for myself because I either get bored before the package is empty or I go overboard resulting in a sugar rush. Oh the blessings of having a roommate who happily shares her food. No, she really does.
9. Because I apparently can’t end a random post without including a quiz here’s a recent favourite. Because you really need to know which cereal you are, right?! Oh, and yes: I got Raisin Bran.
10. I hope you’re having a happy Thursday! We’re so close to the weekend!!
Happiness inducing today: Birds chirping outside. Spring is going to be here so soon [hopefully].
Stay in touch!
What’s your take on the peanut butter ponderings? Three good reasons?!
Do you have any fun roommate experiences to share?
Are you an early bird or night owl?
Measuring cups or scales when cooking and baking? Aside from the guesswork mentioned to me scales have the added bonus of less cups to wash afterwards.