Thursday came early for me this week. Not what I’d have expected after last week but I can’t say I was complaining. Or maybe I could because we have a huge presentation at work next week and time isn’t working in our favour. But is it ever, really? Thursdays, however, are working in my favour as usual with some good random Thinking out loud. Head over to Amanda’s to get ever-so-slightly jealous at the recap of her recent Hawaii adventures.
1. Some days I really make myself laugh and wonder what blogging did to me. Looking at the word count of yesterday’s post even I was amazed [perplexed?] by how quickly the words had added up within the blink of an eye. And this is coming from a girl who handed in essays that were a quarter in length compared to what most others wrote. But really, not only was the time to short back then but I wouldn’t have known how to fill 25+ pages … It was more like this:
2. Let’s talk about Spotify. I’d only been using the free version to listen to music as I don’t own a radio anymore [annoying story about getting two fancy-looking ones none of which ended up working]. But I’m sure those of you who did that before, too, got a little annoyed by the constant commercial breaks, too. Imagine my delight when I noticed I could use my mum’s premium account. Using it for free? Win.
3. Not so much of a win: When I recently tried to download Spotify on my phone. Because apparently my memory card didn’t have enough room anymore. Considering I’ve hardly downloaded any apps at all I was more then surprised. Until it deemed to me to look into my photo albums 😯 … Did you know how much storage room they could take up???
4. I’m sure you’re anxiously awaiting my choice on the Peanut Butter & Co. front. GiGi will be very disappointed with it but hear me out 😉 : I actually considered getting Mighty Maple – because it’s mighty – but it was sold out by the time I stopped by the store to pick up a jar. Dark Chocolate Dreams had to stand in even though it’s merely a dream. A tasty one at that.
5. However, while I do like it I can’t say it won me over all the way. Nothing will top my long-time favourite ‘butter’ that soon.
6. What better way to empty the memory card than some random pictures in a post of randomness? Starting with …
… a surprise find of lots of kabocha. Differently from what you might guess I walked away with … one. They didn’t look trust-worthy so I decided to test the waters – and was disappointed. At this price I won’t be buying more. Maybe I’m spoiled by the awesome taste of my mum’s homegrown kabocha or it’s simply not the season.
7. How can you tell you work in the same office building with some really kind people? Because they give you tea for free. Not just any tea, though, but one I’d had only once before at a cute café that closed down shortly afterwards. The tea’s manufactured by a small German company and not regularly sold in stores but only available online. We share the office space with the design agency working for that company so that’s how they got the tea. And as I’d mentioned liking this very flavour they thought of me when they got their hands on one last box. It’s the little things that make me smile.
8. If you were worried I’d forget about the quizzes [not that you did, though]. Here we go for further life-changing revelations. Or – in my case: a quiz that leaves you puzzled [pun possibly intended]? My result was way off.
9. After promising it way back already I’m hoping to finally post the recipe for my Chickpea Dumpling Bake tomorrow. Sorry?!
10. Happy Thursday!
Happiness inducing today: Good Friends.
Stay in touch!
Share whichever random thoughts come to your mind!