1. Starting with what’s the most prominent and at the same time most puzzling topic on my mind: cats. Whether this was sparked by Emily and Lionel, Jan’s constant cute kitten pictures or some entirely different reason: I’ve found myself reminiscening my childhood with cats. And yes, I somehow wish I had a furry little roomate around again.
2. Don’t be surprised if one of my next What I ate Wednesday is entirely picture-less as per Jan’s suggestion on Twitter. But essentially WordPress conspire against me yesterday. When I tried to embed the pictures in my WIAW post a new tab would pop up trying to make me purchase a new Avira software. Thanks but I’m fine with my current one. I somehow managed to work a way around it but I’m not happy with the outcome. For whichever reason I can’t change the size of my pictures and add a border anymore? Technology and me weren’t made for each other, that’s for sure.
3. Channel your inner Britney Spears: Ooops, I did it again. Picking up one of my favourite topics to marvel about from last week’s post: cosmetics. I can’t help my curiosity when it comes to new [non-expensive as I might have to point out] products at times. And as apples are some of my favourites how could I not?! Add a “limited edition” tag to the equation and the money is as good as spent. Now why in the world I bought cleansing tissues when I actually clean my face with facial lotion and cotton pads is a different question.
4. For all fans of cold food [read: not me] I happend upon this gem of an article just a few minutes ago. In case anybody feels inclinded to try all of these. The peanut butter cups are an obvious one – how else to eat them but cold?! – but some of the others… No, just no.
Given the fishy smell of the ‘pasta’ pre-rinsing the brand name of the shirataki pasta I’ve shown in yesterday’s post wasn’t the most unsuspicious in terms of vegetarian-suitability. Plus, I’ve actually never liked fish anytime in my life so there goes this.
6. Not to go all negative nancy here but there are two things I don’t look forward to about the weekend. First: the [shoe box-sized] freezer department of my fridge is frosted all throughout because its door wasn’t closed all the way. Meaning I’ll have the pleasure of unplugging my fridge, letting it defrost and thorougly clean it. Oh the joy 😉 …
7. Plus, there’s the wonder that is daylight savings stealing a precious hour of sleep from our Sunday mornings. Is it really time already again?
8. However, just like last week I’m choosing to see the good in the bad which isn’t too hard:
1. Daylight savings mean it’s light outside for longer – never mind that it’s some kind of a human-made cheat – every day afterwards. If that’s not reason to rejoice I don’t know what would be.
2. A clean and functionable freezer – even if just shoe box-sized – means the opportunity to -finally- have frozen bananas, banana softserve and else again. Yay!
9. We can’t end without a little more random fun: what your favourite pizza topping says about you. I’m apparently super chill and easy to be around. Okay, who wants to be friends 🙂 ?
10. Happy Thursday!
Happiness inducing today: Chatting with a friendly stranger at the gym.
Stay in touch!
Do you have any advice on my WordPress picture troubles? All of a sudden it’s not possible to add a frames or resize them anymore.
Aside from that: Share some random thoughts with me!