If there was any way to measure the randomness of a random post I’d say this one would score pretty high. My thoughts have been all over the place so you’ll get to enjoy an mix of ponderings about everything from music to baby animals and haircuts. Thanks, Amanda, for encouraging any kind of thinking out loud – however odd it might be.
1. I’m not sure about the music at your gym but the predominant tunes at mine are – not trying to feed any clichés but just a personal impression – male-suited. Or maybe I’m just the odd one out who doesn’t enjoy listening to techno beats at full Colour me surprised when this song started playing.
Not like I felt any shame admitting it’s on my iPod in anyway. However, I can’t help but wonder if Hugh Grant’s lyrics inspired any new PRs in the guys’ lifting area 😉 .
2. Soon after showing my usual work day snacks I’ve found I was missing something. Something I always reach for when snacking at home… Almond butter. Now how to take almond butter to work with me without lugging around a whole jar in my bag? Because that’s a) way too heavy and b) my bag already is the most crowded you’ve ever seen [and that’s why there’s no picture of it]. And I have a feeling normal people don’t deal with these snack ordeals. Dare I say #bloggerproblem?!
3. Buying a mini jar of jam, eating its laughable content and now it’s off to the dishwasher to meet its true purpose of storing almond butter afterwards.
4. Random but really cute and true story my boss told in our team meeting earlier this week: A baby orang utan in a German zoo lost its mother who didn’t wake up again after a medically required anaesthesia. Poor little guy. But here’s the happy end: He was transferred to another zoo with a female orang utan that had had a stillborn baby months ago hoping she’d adopt him. Obviously always a risky endeavour when humankind decides to interfere with nature. But – yes, you guessed it – they accepted each other right away. Can I get a collective awww? The whole team did – or maybe everybody aside from the one guy among us. Talk about clichés again.
5. A few days ago I finally got a new haircut. Or actually not a new one. Because despite playing with the idea of daring a change for once – and we’re not talking a different colour but just a few more inches off or something along those lines – I just can’t. I’ve had long hair for ages so always end up chickening out before the appointment.
One day, one day that change is going to happen… Only not as drastic as Rapunzel’s ;).
6. Keeping in short and sweet once more for today so: Happy Thursday!
Happiness inducing today: My mum taking the journey to my city just to spend a few hours calming me down before an important day today.
Stay in touch!
Do you like to play around with your haircut? What was the most special one you ever tried?
Tell me the most random thought coming to your mind right now!