Sometimes I really don’t know what to post but still feel like posting [does that make sense?] which is just perfect for Amanda‘s Thinking out loud. Thanks for giving all of us an opportunity to let out whatever is on our minds. After last week’s rather serious intervention I’m back to rambling on about all kinds of randomness. Tomorrow I’ll be back with a more [or less] strucutured post for the Tortilla Bake recipe I mentioned yesterday.
1. Judging from the number of posts in my draft folder there are apparently many topics I mean [or once meant long ago] to talk about to you. However, the longer a post sits in that folder the less likely it is to make its way out again. Because then my need to proof-read and edit until the end of time sets in… Perfection is the death of creativity. Remind me of that one…
2. First world problem alert: I’m almost out of my favourite tea and … it’s sold out in every.single.store around here. Granted, I didn’t actually check every of the chain stores carrying them but all [six?] in my proximity. Supply difficulties?! Somebody please tell me you experienced this with a favourite product before and it was just a matter of
months weeks until it reappeared on the shelves.
3. Anyway, I did what a girl’s to do and looked for a poor good replacement. Browsing many aisles with promising tea names. Sorry for any fans of Caribbean Dream, Creamy Caramel or Crème Brulee but all these come down to is flavoured roibosh. And I’m not a fan of that. At all. So …
4. Yogi tea to the rescue! Something quirky here, though: while both teas are called Sweet Chili and organic the taste and price difference is noticable. Am I probably paying twice the money for Yogi’s wisdom??
5. And does anybody else ever feel confused by some of the wisdom?
Love is the answer.
I like that one but: Can I get some time to think about the question first??
6. Do you ever feel confused by washing machines’ endless choice of programmes? A male [sorry for the cliché but it’s true] friend of mine posted about this on Facebook earlier this week. Apparently annoyed he was supposed to bother with choices like “Super Eco” or “Dessous” and wondering if there couldn’t be just one program: dirty clothes. Best piece of advice he got: “Just press shuffle and enjoy ;)!”
7. Talking about clothes I had to think of Arman and Laura when I saw a girl wearing a shirt similar to this one:
Should Germany have actually gotten on board of the twerking train without me noticing it?! Maybe I need to pay closer attention to those guys in the lifting room at the gym [not an area you’d usually find me in] on my next visit…
8. Only two more days [does anybody else include the day they’re saying it on if it’s in the morning?] until the weekend! Never mind I have to work for a few hours on Sunday.
9. Remember me talking about my most used kitchen utensil? That post was knocking on wood because the one shown bit the dust a few days ago. It still works in a way [did I mention I’m frugal] but it’s an odd sight.
10. Because I can’t think of anymore to say but won’t end on an odd number: Happy Thursday!
Happiness inducing today: A relaxed morning off of work.
Stay in touch!
Tell me whatever comes to mind!
Are there any other tea snobs out there?