Another one of those weeks. Those weeks when Friday can’t come early enough and Thursday is its welcome preliminary sign. Add in that spring’s supposed to make a glorious return this weekend. Needless to say a fast-forward would be really appreciated. But then again that’s mean skipping our weekly Thursday blogger get-together. And Amanda wouldn’t be the only one not quite appreciating that. So let’s get thinking out loud while we wait for the weekend!
1. When I posted about the granola yesterday I thought it was good but actually hadn’t decided if the recipe was worth sharing yet. Insert it as a delicious saviour when a serious pang of afternoon hangriness hit me at the office yesterday and a side-by-side comparison with my roommate’s granola and my decision is made: yes. Come back tomorrow if you’re on the lookout for a crunchy new breakfast, WIAW reading fuel [<- this was me yesterday] or treatment for lovesickness [I haven’t tried it yet but who knows?!]: here’s one. But I know you don’t honestly need me to tell you the 1,000+ ways and reasons to eat granola. Because you’re smart cookies and it’s granola after all. Plus it contains pistachios so what’s not to like?
2. Ground[breaking] news I couldn’t let any of you coffee addicts out there go without: this is happening. Way to fuel the addiction to no end. Just think about the possibilites: Coffee Coffee Cake topped with coffee ice cream and with a side of coffee. Caffeine overload?!
3. Not so much of an overload but rather a lack are some not so awesome news I got. Do you remember the tea shortage I mentioned last week? Turns out the company is discontinuing it. Whyyy??? Needless to say I’ve been trying to stock up on any remainders in stores close by. With a rather sparse yield but every box counts.
4. On a positive note I mentioned Yogi was the only other brand producing a chili tea. Given my massive tea consumption I’ll now have a constant supply of sometimes puzzling wisdom. Not to spill too much yet but I’ve been pondering to start a new little series on the blog…
5. Speaking of discontinued favourites I was reminded of a sad moment in the life of my [rough guess] nine-year-old self. When one of the two monthly magazine I spent my pocket money on was discontinued. Honorable mention to Disney – it’s been way too long sincs the last time – because it was their Minnie Mouse Magazine. Luckily, the other one – GEOlino to all German readers – is in print to this day still. And on a random note still one of my dream places to work at.
6. Proof that my impatience knows no limits: earlier this week when I was looking for a certain lunch box. When I hadn’t found it within two minutes of searching I called it quits. Time is precious. Granted, it might have had to do with this being on a seemingly never-ending day of work and returning home soaked wet after a downpour. Really, though: time is precious. Also, I still swear somebody stole all of my tupperware. At least I still had my thermos.
Still, I figure it’s about time to go lunch box shopping. And probably another whisk. Just don’t ask about my progress here next week…
On that note I’m off to make some progress in the new book I’m reading. Happy Thursday!
Happiness inducing today: Randomly finding two more boxes of my favourite tea in a store that had seemed to have run out already for weeks before.
Stay in touch!
Which magazines did you buy throughout your childhood? Do they still exist?
Has any of your favourite products [food or non-food] been discontinued before?