Can you smell the weekend yet? It’s so close already and at least over here it scents decidedly of sunscreen and ice cream. For now, though, my business is still taking place in a thankfully cool office. And because thinking out loud is better kept out of there I’m sharing what’s been on my mind here. Writing it all down a theme emerged. Free everything – books, chocolate and most importantly: thoughts in free flow. Here we go!
1. Even though it’s my usual beverage of choice when I’m not in the mood for tea I never fully appreciate water as much as on hot days. Always sparkling water for me – still doesn’t do it. Many of my friends have told me how hard it was for them to reach the recommended amounts. I’d rather need to scale back. Running to the toilet all of the time? Not the best habit at work but I’ll confess I like the excuse to get up and move at least a little.
2. Is it just me or does time pass by significant faster as soon as you leave the office? Given I usually have 2935839 things on my to-do list for after work and only get a fraction done I’m convinced it does. Even leaving the office ‘early’ – read: 30 minutes earlier than usual – doesn’t help much. Now where do I apply for that job blending home office and actual office attendance. That’s because I know home office 100% of the time does not work for me. Cue procrastination when in close proximity of a kitchen. Snack time is basically all day then.
3. Random note in this potpourri of randomness: I generated *this random number by mindlessly hitting the keys. Only to notice that produced an uneven number. That’s obviously not happening here so I changed the last number from a 9 to a 4. Much better, admit it.
4. Speaking of reading: I’ve been reapping the benefits of libraries and especially living close to a rather large one again lately. The amount of money I saved by taking piles of books home and only keeping the good ones makes me oddly happy. Free books? Yes, please. Libraries are a blessing and fingers crossed they’ll exist forever even in the digital age. Now go and pick up a book from your library to keep it in business – every book counts! (:
5. Roomates – a bane or blessing? It’s not easy to say but lately I’ve felt a tendency towards the former. Granted, bane is probably too harsh. Sometimes I feel like I’m the grown up when it comes to the roommate and me [mind you she’s 30!]. Cleaning up after her when she has cooked? Maybe it was a sign this book practically jumped at me on my last trip to the library. I picked it up just for fun but now I might need to take a closer look for some life-changing roommate hacks… Care for an update ;)?! And did I mention it’s by an American author and available in English, too? Given the price I don’t think I can expect much from it, though. But hey, it was free after all.
6. Continuing on with last week’s coffee theme – just because it keeps following me around: Signs you’re a coffee addict. Thinking about it [out loud], though, #1 and #4 perfectly describe my relationship with chocolate. And if #11 is what you coffee fiends feel like without your daily cup of joe then I feel your pain chocolate-wise, too. We’re all united in our essential daily needs in some way. A sign stores know I’m always in need of chocolate? Free Lindt. Who cares this isn’t my favourite flavour? It’s Lindt!
7. This is awesome. If you’re having a fluffy day, are self-conscious or need a mood brightener for another reason: read/ do it. Actually, scratch that: just read it in anyway. And then come back and tell me your result and thank me for pointing it out ;).
8. I recently noticed I have yet to share the blogger birthday calendar with all of you. Any ideas on how to work this out best are appreciated. Also, if you’re a blogger [not discriminating any non-bloggers but it’d be hard to figure out a way to send congrats your way easily 🙂 ] and want to be included leave a comment with your birth date.
Keep your need for random thoughts fuelled over at Amanda’s. Happy Thursday!
Happiness inducing today: I won’t ever tire of this: sunshine. Sunshine. Sunshine.
Stay in touch!
Let your thoughts flow freely and tell me whatever comes to your mind!