Looking at my overflowing boards it’s no secret I’m a Pinterest addict. Adding the ‘Pin it’ button to my browser made the whole situation even
worse easier to handle. Lindsay had the brilliant idea of giving us another excuse to get pinning wild with her Pin It Party.
Just in case you’re surprised: yes, I’m double-posting today. Join in the randomness, too!
If you’re new to the party it’s really simple: you pick five of your posts you’d like to see making their way to [dozens of] Pinterest boards, compile them in one post, link up with Lindsay and then pin
every three other participants’ posts. Sounds good? Great.
1. Starting with my latest but at the same time already one of my favourite recipes: Pistachio Vanilla Granola Clusters. There’s a lot to say about the recipe and at the same time just one: Try it! Okay, I get that’s not exactly convincincing but how about I tell you that the scent of this alone is enough to get you drooling? I’m not kidding: it makes a whole room smell buttery and honey-sweet when freshly baked. Plus, it’s crunchy but – thanks to the chia seeds – at the same time just that perfect bit of chewy. Resulting in big clusters only this cereal is perfect for all of us granola snobs.
2. Another new one but yet another favourite. After my discovery of tortillas [better late than never] I ate this days in a row without getting tired – and that’s rare these days. Don’t let the long ingredient list intimidate you: it’s mostly spices that you’ll also likely have on hand. From the Vitamin C-boosting bell pepper to the cauliflower this vegan Enchilada Bake with Cauliflower Nacho Sauce screams nutritious but tastes just so good at the same time. Healthy food is boring? I don’t think so.
3. It’s getting hot outside – it’s time for frozen treats! In a perfect world I’d have time to prepare a batch of ice cream every week [and wouldn’t have left my ice cream maker at my parents’ when moving out…] but how often do dreams become reality in a pinch? This PB & J Frozen Yogurt does come together in a pinch plus it’s refined sugar-free, quick and easy to prepare and packed with protein.
4. Summer or not I’m always in the mood for chili and I know for a fact there are others as crazy about it as me. Even better when chocolate’s included in the fun like in the [also vegan] Polenta Mushroom Chili Bake. Creamy polenta with a ‘meaty’ chili making for a satisfying hearty dish – any season, really.
5. Don’t have a body – be SOMEbody: Recipes are all nice and well but one of the posts that meant a lot to me was this one. Disconnecting our inner and outer selves by talking about ‘our bodies’ like they were separated from our souls is a habit that many of us share – with no positive outcome. Choosing to always see myself as a whole instead of picking at my least favourite [body] parts has made a difference for me. Try it yourself!
Happiness inducing today: Being able to wear one of my favourite summer dresses for the first time this year thanks to lots of – you guessed it – sunshine.
Stay in touch!
Questions of [P]Interest:
a) the last thing you pinned.
b) the last thing you pinned and made (!!)
c) which of your Pinterest boards you’re adding to most.