Fitting in with the randomness I was given the Liebster Award by The Breakfast Drama Queen a while ago and today’s the perfect day for posting it. Given my current scatterbrained-ness and the fact that Amanda decided Thursdays are the time to think out loud about whatever comes to mind in anway.
- Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
- Answer the questions that the nominator set for you plus create 11 questions for the people you’ve tagged to answer.
- Choose 11 people and link them in your post, let them know you chose them!
11 random facts about me [plus one because I don’t like uneven numbers]:
1. Oat bran is a food I didn’t know before blogging and now it’s one of my favourites.
2. My family had cats growing up and I secretly wish I could have one living with me again.
3. When putting on shoes or socks the left always has to come first. Which might have to do with the fact that…
4. I’m left-handed.
5. Growing up there was a time when I wanted to become a kindergardener.
6. My zodiac sign is aquarius but I don’t enjoy swimming all that much.
7. On the topic of swimming: I’m afraid of open waters and that adds to not being quite a ‘water baby’ [we say ‘Wasserratte’ in German but don’t look up the translation because it’s not as charming. Okay, well, do if you can’t help it.]
8. I’ve never been outside of Europe yet [unfortunately].
9. Three things that I always have with me when leaving the house: my phone, a chapstick and tissues.
10. My current favourite ice cream flavour is mango.
11. I did Kung Fu for about three years before I needed to stop during my last year in school as it got too much.
12. All of my favourite nail polishes are by Essie.
What’s your idea of a perfect day?
What is your least favorite herb/spice?
That’s a tough one but I’d have to go with cilantro. There’s an Asian place I’ve eaten at multiple times yet I forget to request they don’t add cilantro to whatever I order every single time. You’d assume I’d remember one day…
How many countries have you visited and/or lived in?
By far not as many as I wished. I’ve only lived in Germany and visited about six or seven others. All of those were still in Europe so I’m more than ready to finally go overseas – and meet many blends.
If you could be eating anything right now, what would it be?
Ice cream. It’s warm outside and if I had it my way there’d be an ice cream parlor serving awesome flavours right around the corner. Too bad I’m at work as you’re reading this – on my break – and there’s none of the likes.
What is your favorite type of coffee beverage (Frappucino, latte, ice coffee, etc.)?
None. I’ve only tried coffee few times before and have yet to warm up to it.
Why did you start blogging?
Initially because I love to write and wanted to find a way to continuously do it – especially in English as I like it but never get to speak it in daily life. Also because I wanted to see what the whole blogging community ‘myth’ was about. Now I can say it’s about actually deep and amazing connections and friendships.
Car, bus, or subway/train?
Train. There’s no more comfortable way of traveling. Avoiding travel sickness is a huge plus as is being able to read. Aside from the risk of smelly or elsewise annoying other travellers and probably the toilet situation…
What are three things in your kitchen that you couldn’t live without?
The infamous wire whisk, my immersion blender and a good knife.
Where do you get your news? Or do you not follow the news at all?
My preferred way are newspapers but I cancelled my subscription to cut costs. So it’s now websites of newspapers.
Do you have a particular food philosophy or special diet that you follow (gluten-free, paleo, vegan, etc.)?What is that one thing you’ve always wanted to do, but haven’t?
Generally, I’m trying not to label my diet because it felt too restrictive in the past. I do eat a largely vegan diet, though, with dairy when I feel it. Eggs, meat, fish and the likes are foods I personally don’t need but I’m not judging others. To each their own.
1. What is your favourite ice cream flavour?
2. How many languages do you speak?
3. Name three things always in your pocket/ purse/ bag.
4. Do you have any pets? If so: what are they called?
5. What is one thing everybody should know about you?
6. How would you describe yourself in three sentences?
7. If you had to pick one cuisine to eat for the rest of your life which one would it be?
8. What is your favourite movie of all times and why?
9. Stealing this one: What is your food philosophy?
10. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?
11. Finish this sentence: My day wouldn’t be complete without…
Because I don’t like playing favourites I’ll pick just four people whose answers I want to hear and who I hope haven’t participated yet and then tag all of you others!
Happy Thursday! Make it a good one and in case you’re going to Blend: Enjoy it!
Happiness inducing today: Chatting with a good friend.
Stay in touch!
Pick at least three of my questions and answer them!