Whether it’s the heat, the rain in between or just for no apparent reason: my brain is all over the place so I won’t go into lengthy introductions but just start the Thinking out loud right away. Thanks to Amanda for hosting – I’ll forgive you making me jealous with all of your pictures from Blend.
1. If I didn’t know it better I’d have sworn today was Friday already. Not that wishful thinking wouldn’t be able to convince me of that every week. This week is especially puzzling, though, because Monday was off due to a holiday. So Monday felt like Sunday and Tuesday like Wednesday. But yesterday my mind decided to go forwards instead of back so I thought
wished it was Thursday the whole day. Don’t ask me why. At least that means I’ve basically finished the post for the parfait recipe from yesterday’s WIAW because I’d meant to publish it on Friday. Which … is not today.
2. Speaking of work: I got a work phone. The prospect was exciting because I’ve never had one and liked the idea of
playing around working with a new phone. Cue disappointment when it turned out to be this. Which is a little outdated …
Now I might have only had my Android for about two years but I was already a little puzzled working with an old-fashioned phone again. It still has… keys. Is anybody else surprised/ shocked how soon that has become a rarity for phones?
4. The second disappoinment when getting the phone was that not only did I miss out on a chance to carry around a Blackberry or the likes – which I’ll admit I never even guessed – but it even lacked games. Given it’s an old one I’d hoped to find Snake among the pre-installed games. It was the first game I ever played on my mum’s phone way before I got my own and I wouldn’t have minded a little repeat.
5. With my now abundant supply how about sharing some wisdom?
6. On a last note: the soccer World Championship starts today – and I couldn’t be more surprised or less interested. I’m likely the least informed person ever when it comes to soccer [or any other sports]. If the weather is playing along my roommate and I might actually venture out for some public viewing. Not rooting for any team, though, but gushing about the best-looking players and soaking up the cheerful atmosphere. Despite what I just said I wouldn’t object if the German team won a few games because seeing happy people’s mood – no matter for which reason – is infectious. And who’d object to that?!
Happiness inducing today: A much-needed phone conversation with my mum.
Stay in touch!
Tell me whatever comes to your mind!