If you didn’t notice with my many past Thursday posts – or posts on this blog in general, really – I like me a good theme to align even the most random of thoughts or meals. Today’s Thinking out loud with Amanda is no different which makes me happy – easily pleased?! Even happier when the above-mentioned theme are happenings from the past week that deserved two thumbs up.
1. If you read yesterday’s post on how I’m channeling Beyoncé when it comes to others’ recipes you’ll probably know what I used these for:
Two thumbs up for single household-friendly boxes of cereal. I usually get bored by cereal easily so buying a family-sized box of any kind is not an option. Needless to say I didn’t hesitate a second when there was a special offer of these smaller boxes of first Cookie Crisp and then Cinnamon Toast Crunch [isn’t Cini Minis adorable, too, though??]. Enough to both include it in yesterday’s recipe and for quick childhood-reminiscent snacks now.
2. The possible downside to the small boxes is the lack of any toys – and you know which specific one I’ve been pining for. Two thumbs up for hilarious riddles on the back of the packages. Can you spot the culprit [translated hints below]?
3. I’ll be on the road – or rather: in trains – all day tomorrow again. From what I gathered in intense studies of blogs 😉 traveling by train isn’t actually all that usual overseas. Why exactly? Ever since moving out from my parents’ trains have become an even more important means of traveling than before. While I’m not keen on boarding a train already again tomorrow there were some perks on my last endeavour.
4. Two thumbs up for local trains with phone-charging opportunities. In a spur of the moment decidion I’d thrown my charger into my bag though I knew I’d only be traveling by regional trains that aren’t known for their luxurious “Ausstattung”. Is it sad that it made me happy to see this? Further proof of how dependent on my phone I am.
5. Unfortunately, this was not available on my commute back because… two thumbs down for the scare I got when finding the [at least intended] last train I changed to on my way back unscheduledly was ended way before my final destination. A delay in the afternoon is annoying already but one at 7.30 PM meaning you won’t get home before 10 PM is … yes. Especially if you ate almost all of your snacks already. More bars the next time.
6. It’s been a while since I went all out posting flower pictures like in the early days of my blog. Two thumbs up for flowers in my favourite colour. However, I have no green thumb at all so keep your fingers crossed for these beauties.
What better way to end a post then on the topic of flowers?! Just agree with me here.
Happiness inducing today: A positive reminder that first impressions of others can be deceiving.
Stay in touch!
Tell me whatever comes to your mind!
Who solved the cereal riddle?