Did you catch my seriously [not] inventive take on a May joke [because I missed the ‘It’s gonna be May’ chance at the beginning of the month. Yes, I’m a broken record here but how in the world is it almost June already??? Time for the last Thinking out loud in May with Amanda. My head is filled with lots of more serious thoughts but I decided to counteract it by not posting about any of those but a collection of randomness instead. Fake it till you make it, right?
1. Did you catch my last link post? I’ve been resorting to Mondays instead of Sundays lately but hope I’ll be able to change that again soon. Either way, there have been lots of great posts worth reading again.
2. We might be this close to the start of summer but the weather isn’t giving it away in the least at the moment. 16 °C and rain? Hurry up, summer! At least the rain had its positives, though, because wandering through my parents’ garden is offering the most beautiful sights. Instead of spamming you with 384775856 pictures [right now] I’ll just feature these beautiful flowers: Bleeding Heart. They’ve been a favourite of mine since childhood.
3. Green smoothies have been happening in this house! No, my opinion on them hasn’t changed. However, my dad visited a lecture a few weeks ago that was all about healthy living – note: he wouldn’t usually attend any of those so this one was business-related – and he immediately decided to incorporate a few healthier habits into his life. And that led to a scandalous crossing of lines/invading my territory. Given I’m usually the only one eating bananas daily I buy them myself and obviously store them in my apartment.
As my dad insisted on having a smoothie and hadn’t wanted to listen to me when I told him he’d better stock up on bananas then my mum just grabbed one of my last ones Sunday night. Not cool. And isn’t it meant to be me mooching off food from my parents and not the other way around? !
4. Thinking about it I actually do. All the time. Don’t say you didnt! Here’s to hoping all that green smoothie business won’t result in my parents ditching their snacking habits anytime soon. I’d dearly miss the bags of Erdnussflips in their snack aisle. Luckily, we’re keeping things balanced around here with flips and greens.
5. Help a girl out! I’ve been meaning to paint my nails for weeks but can’t settle on a colour. That’s pretty unusual for me because previously I wasn’t able to go without colouring my nails for more than a few days. Maybe not the healthiest choice but the current weather just calls for bright colours to bring in some fun. So …These are the runner-ups. Any votes?
6. Do you ever buy yourself random gifts? I hardly ever do so I’d been holding out forever but caved last week and bought the Gilore Girls DVD collection. Oh my. I completely forgot what it’s like to watch a show and look forward to every new episode. I can’t even remember the last time I regularily watched any kind of show – likely because I haven’t owned a TV for the past ~ 5 years and still don’t – but it’s amazing. The current weather is an excuse to start watching a little earlier than I usually would. And would you believe I actually never watched all seasons of Gilmore Girls before? We didn’t have cable when the first seasons were aired and I only caught random episodes until the final season but was hooked either way. Now I have a major catch-up and I can’t say I was hating it.
… and with that I’m off to a hopefully sunny day. Happy Thursday!
Happiness-inducing today: Sunshine amidst the rainy gray days.
No questions today. Just tell me your ranom[ay] thoughts!