Alternative title: the post I promised Meg to write weeks ago already but never got around to because a) Monday’s aren’t a good posting time for me, b) I keep forgetting what I did throughout the week [I know …] and c) I often have a hard time recognizing what I do as accomplishments. Though our list-making and all around fabulous host is right:
Without further ado here’s my list: I …
Participated in the Bloggers Gonna Blog Instagram challenge every day of the week. Finally upping my Instagram activity and connecting with new people – win-win! Though I did miss blogging
a little a lot. But I’m thankful for what was possible in this week of changes and worries so no further complaints.
Almost finished the book I started last week. I have a loose goal on the number of books I want to read this year as I used to be a huge book worm but somehow haven’t lived up to my reputation in past years. Non-screen reading time is highly beneficial for mind and soul so it’s an endeavor worth tackling.
Did a semi-thorough cleaning spree of my pantry. Semi-thorough because I didn’t have to heart to discard a few items but the overall look is still more organized. I need to leave room for improvement the next times I tackle this, right?
Cleaned my fridge. It took way less time than half a year ago still. Doing it regularly is worth the effort because it makes you overthink your spending habits [= buying less] and fridge organization.
Cleaned the fridge at my parents’ office. Can you tell it was the week of cleaning?
Shoveled snow for two hours on Monday. Okay, so actually one and a half but I took a break to warm up inside in between. Hello, sore arms.
- Started a new job that is the main reason I wasn’t as active in the blog world as I’d planned to – and also the only reason I’m mentioning it here. Hoping I won’t sound like a negative Nancy: congratulations are not necessary. It’s neither a job in my field nor one I’m particularly fond of.But helping a relative out at his office as well as having a job to begin with is what matters here. I’ll still keep searching for a more exciting gig
- Speaking of spending habits: my grocery bills for the week ended up being the lowest they’ve been in – I think – months. This is a huge feat for me as I tend to stop by the shops for just two or three items almost every day which adds up by the end of the week. Here’s to continuing the lucky strike!
- On the topic of lucky strikes and reminiscing Christmas: I beat my parents in a game of Yathzee. With an all-time highscore of 304 points at that.
- I made these vegan Snickers bars for my sister and her husband. While not into New Year’s goals, my sister randomly told me she intended to eat less sweets. Being the good sister I am😉 I obviously needed to come to her rescue – and preparing any kind of treat is never really altruistic, no? Also, this gave me the final push I needed to …
- Set up my Vitamix again. Only took me … many months. Awful for a blogger, right? My excuses were that a) it uses a lot of energy, b) I’m more often than not too lazy to clean it [don’t pretend I was the only one] and c) I didn’t have enough counter space to set it up permanently. It was mostly for the last reason but I…
- Cleaned up my spice arrangement at that moving it to a cupboard and – viola! – counter space freed up. Celebrating the Vitamix’ reappearance in my life I made coconut butter.
- And date caramel [twice]. They don’t call dates nature’s candy for nothing and I have high hopes of creating a new recipe with it this week. It’s been too long.
- I ate the remainders of said date caramel straight from the blender.
And that sums up my first Week In Review. A week that started slow and then flew by fast hence the title [the cleaning part should be self-explanatory ;)]. Have a good start to your week!
Happiness-inducing today: Many kind messages – via Instagram, mail and messenger – arriving throughout the day as well as a short chat with an old aquaintance who stopped by for a visit.
When was the last time you cleaned your fridge? No shame if it’s been some time because it’s only become a regular task for me in past months.
Have you tried date caramel before? I’m tempted to steal a spoonful [or two … or three] from the fridge in a second.