It’s time for another Week in Review. Although I’m yet more hesitant to post it as – can I get an extra day for accomplishment, please? – time seems to have passed by with little to cross off the to-do list. Knowing Meg, though, I know she’d encourage me to get listing in anyway. Some weeks are busier, some weeks less. It just means there’s room for improvement in weeks to come.
During these past seven days I …
- Finished the Bloggers Gonna Blog challenge without missing a single day. That alone is an accomplishment as I’mnot usually good at following through with these week-long challenges. The hardest part – as is common in any kind of challenge – was not letting comparison get the best of me and discourage the continuation of the prompts. Photography isn’t my strongest suit – I’m a writer through and through – so seeing everybody else’s pictures made me feel lacking in creativity and talent at times. Refocusing on the community-building effect and realising I still had fun eased my mind. Sometimes it’s really all about shifting our thoughts. [And the pictures in this post will be random ones from the challenge.]
- Slipped into my role as a German teacher three times. It has proven to be a challenge for my patience as I want to accomplish too many things at once, not be too repetitive in my lessons and basically have fluent-speaking students like yesterday. Slow. Down. Not the easiest feat for me but there are rewarding moments that make it worth trying.
- Tried to learn how to pronounce and write my name in Arabic. I failed though in my defense I need to say I found my ten-year-old judge to be quite critical. I’m letting his guessing on the German articles – der, die , das – count for its effort alone, too, after all. Lesson learned: German might be hard to learn for some but Arabic is a really tough language, too. A pretty one, though.
- Experimented with a new not-so-sinful truffle recipe that I’m hoping to share with you soon. Once it passes the taste control panel at the job, that is. Lots of store-bought chocolates and homemade baked goods around at all times – the traditional butter, sugar, white flour kind – make for some fierce competition. Keep your fingers crossed for me, will you?
- Prepped a little for another recipe [hopefully] coming your way soon, too.Tha one upon special request from an as-of-yet still pregnant friend [not much longer, though!]. Don’t worry, though, I’ll do my best to make it a delcious one for
myselfeverybody to enjoy. All I will say for now: balls.Bites.
- Wrote and published three blog posts. One of them with hesitation about potentially stepping on somebody’s feet again which it turns out I luckily didn’t. Thanks for all of your feedback on the topic!
- Managed to break both a small bowl and a spice jar [unfortunately containing one of my favourite spices]. I wouldn’t have brought this up if it wasn’t for that old saying of “Break a thing, mend your luck.” [Geman: Scherben bringen Glück]. Somebody tell me it’s true, please? I need to justify my clumsiness in some way after all.
- Although recovery means a workout ban I did follow through with a little “exercising” most days. I miss running like crazy and doing some short Blogilates and another channel’s 20-minute routine for fun doesn’t feel like going overboard. It’s hardly intense but I can’t deny I didn’t enjoy to feel my butt burning a bit afterwards. TWSS.
- Not listed but obviously still in the books was work at my new job and the usual household tasks not worthy mentioning.
Although not looking like much I think some times are more about mental adaption to new situations or the underlying lessons learned. At that, this week probably wasn’t as bad and keeping this in mind is what matters. I refuse to let any day or week pass by as a bad one. Mindset. It’s all about mindset.That being said: Don’t hate on Monday! It deserves a little lovin’, too.
Happiness-inducing today: Lots of time for reading the newspaper – that’s what weekends are for.