Sometimes writing intros is hard because my brain won’t bother churning out any ideas. And sometimes it’s hard because there are too many thoughts. Especially after the past few days had me reflect on many things in life and changes I want and need to make. My head is spinning with thoughts but since I prefer to keep these Weeks in Review on the light[er] side and also don’t want to serve you half-digested brain meanderings I will keep them churning for a little longer. Let’s chat about the past week instead – and by that I mean I want to hear about yours, too. Give yourself some credit for all you do every week. Even if – like for me on many occasions, too – “just the usual”. Done is done and you deserve that pat on the back. Thanks to Meg for hosting once again.
- Worked five days again with Friday feeling never-ending. My exhaustion on this day felt awful in the moment but made me realize I need to take certain steps to prevent it happening again in the future. I’m aware this is cryptical but I’m honestly not sure about my real plan of action here, either.
- Cleaned my entire apartment including the rooms I never use [to be called the the dust collectors from now on …] it’s too big for one person – for our guests arriving on Thursday/Friday. It’s another holiday weekend over here and one where the majority of the family on my mother’s side visits every year. As much as I like my family I will admit having that many people around is not the easiest for an introvert like me. Verdict after this weekend: I need a lot more practice.
- Meal-prepped for a few days and prepared breakfast the night before Sunday through Thursday. I still need to get [a lot] better about this.
- Made a huge mess in the kitchen when preparing my no-bake vegan fudge brownies on Saturday [base] and Sunday [fudge layer] plus a little recipe experimenting [gone right taste but wrong texture-wise]. Meaning two days of cleaning the kitchen again. As much as I enjoy cooking and baking I don’t deal well with seeing chocolate, cocoa and various liquids [honey …] spilled around. It’s giving me the heebie-jeebies and my head really needs to get used to it. Maybe more recipe creation would be a good shock therapy ;)?!
- Interrupted writing this post to a) gather my family’s clothes drying outside when the sun switched over to a heavy downpour all of a sudden and b) tidy my parents kitchen quickly as my dad was expecting guests. I’d say he owes me a favour now. Doing my laundry, maybe ;)? Thinking about it I’d already appreciate the internet working properly. My tech-genius brother was/is [as I’m writing this] around for the weekend and has been figuring out the why to our current problems with it,
- Had a good old sing-along and dance party in my kitchen while preparing the above. Note to self: do this more often. It even sparked a potential post idea [that I should really scribble down after finishing this post lest I could easily end up forgetting it] – I’d call that a win-win situation.
- Skipped my already non-intense pilates workout on several days. While not exercising to deserve food anymore I still find allowing myself full rest hard. One [rainy] day I’ll [be able to] sit on my butt watching movies, talking and eating good food with even better company like other people do, too. One day …
- Possibly the most exciting kitchen action of the week: Making my own peanut butter for the first time. Why didn’t I dare to way earlier?! Okay, I know why: my constant fear of breaking my Vitamix. But seriously: it’s so easy yet so amazing. Only I wish I was able to find no-oil-added peanuts. Because I want my nut butters to be just nuts, maybe salt but nothing else. My family still enjoyed their PB & Js and I can’t deny enjoying many spoonfuls as is. Sometimes you just need the “bad” PB.
Took a million and one pictures of my nephew. But obviously spent even more time with him without the camera separating us. A million pictures are worth nothing if we didn’t actually make the memories they’re capturing.
… and with that I’m off to try and make some more memories before everybody’s packing and leaving again. Happy Monday to all of you!
Happiness-inducing today: The time spent with my family – they’re a fun, maybe slightly crazy bunch which makes them all the more lovable.
My evening walk – nobody else felt like joining me – including gorgeously sun-flooded views and an amazing frog concert. Those little guys were seriously singing their hearts out [just for me].
Stay in touch!
Tell me a little about your past week!
If you’ve made nut butters at home before:which kinds? I still want to try white almond butter but there’s the issue of worrying about my Vitamix again.