Things that hinder writing a Week in Review in different ways:
1. Unfaithful internet that decides it’s time for a relationship time-out when it’s raining cats and dogs for a while.
2. Sleep being amiss. Ouch.
Okay so the most important lessons learned the past week: get sleep! Enough of it. Because I didn’t and it decreased my productivity by … many percent. I feel like I got zero, zilch, nada done because by the time I came home from work I was done myself. Still, I’ll make an attempt to find some accomplishments to join Meg’s listing party. Let’s see what I can come up with. …
In the past week I …
- Worked the usual five days including some that felt never-ending. Fusing two businesses means a lot of behind-the-scenes work
- Took up the role of food supplier in the office. Read: a fancy way of saying I made sure we were stocked up on chocolate at all times. Good chocolate. Some clients bring in candy that’s sub-par – not my subjective opinion but that of the majority – and I know I’d appreciate others providing snacks, too [not entirely altruistic maybe ;)]. I figure if I can’t convince my colleagues to dip apples in homemade peanut butter – I didn’t try yet but guess it’s not the best idea – I’ll buy everybody’s favourite treat.The
champagnechocolate’s on me!
- Skipped my pilates routine several days. This sounds odd if it’s your first time reading my blog but I explained why this is actually an accomplishment a while back. Still not easy mentally but I’m not exactly sitting on my butt all day, either, so that knowlegde helps slightly.
- Cleaned my apartment. It doesn’t get any more fun but music helps make it endurable.
- Started writing several posts. I know this isn’t the best habit but I find writing a post over the course of several days works better for me. I now have – unfortunately not finished yet – a more serious post, a lightheared one and the recipe for the last thing that came out of my kitchen to be written.
- Published two blog posts and finished the second one earlier than usual. I’ve been trying to have my good good links ready earlier these past weeks. Because finishing them the night before publishing has interfered with getting enough sleep – see above – one too many times in previous month
- Created a new recipe. Something that hasn’t happened in a looong time. Can we say current lack of kitchen mojo? I don’t like it. Whatever. More importantly, this new one isn’t any recipe but one for cookies. Remember what I said about me and baking? Yes. Heureka!
- Turned off my laptop and read offline for a bit before bed most days. This was supposed to help my sleep but … see intro. Fingers crossed I’ll figure out a better way during my upcoming holidays.
- Prepared more peanut butter. I still haven’t dared trying anything aside from this. If you own a Vitamix and have successfully made nut butters otherthan peanut in it: please let me know!
- Prepared some food for the week. This, too, is something I hope to improve during my holidays as in: prep more ahead of time. Storage space is a huge hindrance here …
- Because you know I always feel uneasy talking about myself only in these posts how about a little shoutout for my sister? As I mentioned before she’s trying to cut down her intake of refined sugar and testing more nutritious alternatives to sweets. These vegan rice krispie treats definitely deserve a pat on the back as finding the ingredient in Germany already is a feat in itself. Rice Krispies? Crispy brown rice cereal? Nowhere to be found. She did a great job substituting here.
- Did the laundry. It was only half as bad as usual for some reason. Sunshine helps. Not just in drying clothes faster outside but getting me in the right mood.
- Answered several emails I’d meant to reply to for quite a while. Does anybody else ‘write’ replies out in their head right after reading a mail and forget they didn’t actually? Me, all the time.
So yes, I really didn’t do much besides work which is the product of way too little restful sleep and needing the holidays to start urgently now. We’ve been counting down/talking about/preparing for them since ~eight weeks ago at the office and that made the wait feel all the longer. It’s still only been these past maybe two weeks that I realized – also thanks to some plans getting cancelled – that I don’t have any big plans for them. I’ll just see what happens and my current goals simply are to meet friends and rest up. Doesn’t sound half bad to me.
I’m typing this up in a hurry after the internet has been on/off for me all day so hopefully there aren’t too many typos. You know the rule: if you find one you can keep it ;). <- or is that not a saying in other parts of the world?
Tell me about your weeks and don’t forget to stop by Meg’s for more Week in Review shenanigans!
Happiness-inducing today: Sunshine. Warmth, Today was really summery for once.
Stay in touch!